GymKyds Covid-19 Information – Last Updated March 2, 2021
March 2, 2021 – Awesome news, we are able to reopen at 25% capacity and resume group classes as of Friday, March 5! We will have strict safety measures in place but are so excited to get back to gymnastics starting Saturday, March 6. We have 6 weeks left of fall to finish (7 weeks for Saturday & Sunday classes). We will finish our fall session and then run a 9 week Winter/Spring session April 26-June 28.
Covid-19 has had major impacts on GymKyds and how we run our programs. With government recommendations constantly evolving and changing we are doing our best to manage these unprecedented times. We hope after reading the information below we can ease some parent concerns we have been hearing about how we plan to operate If you have any additional questions please email us, email@example.com or call 204-487-1806.
We want gymnastics to feel as normal as possible and be something students can look forward to every week. We are so excited to provide the fun, high-quality programs we are known for. Our GymKyds Team is READY & EXCITED to start classes!
Please read below for all of the GymKyds Covid-19 policies and procedures we are implementing this fall. FAQs are answered at the bottom.
- Class sizes are limited to 14 participants. Parent & Me classes are capped to 10 participants + 1 parent each.
- Keeping classes small makes physically distancing participants easier and gives our coaches time to clean equipment throughout the class.
- Should government restrictions around physical distancing ease we would increase our class sizes accordingly. We will be running at half capacity and do not want students to miss out on gymnastics. If we can safely take more students in we will.
Our building occupancy maximum is 100 people. With the potential March 6th set of orders would be able to open to 25% capacity and have 25 people in the gym at once.
We have kept classes very small in the fall session to accommodate physical distancing. None of our classes were more than 15 kids and about 4 coaches. We will be able to have the classes all start back up in full IF we can keep our occupancy under 25 people. We are going to need to strictly limit spectators to make this happen. We have 6 classes left of the fall session (7 for Saturday and Sunday classes).
- Kids 5 & over: We ask that no parents stay for class.
- Preschool-aged classes (3-5 years): If your preschool-aged child is able to come in on their own we need them to do so. We have space for a couple of parents to stay, and those parent spaces need to be for parents with children who absolutely need a parent to stay.
- Parent & child classes (1-3 years): We will only be able to accommodate 1 parent + 1 child, no additional parents or siblings coming in to watch the class. These classes were kept to maximum 10 students (which makes 20 with parents) + our coaches. There will be no room for any spectators.
- All parents are required to wear a mask while inside our facility.
DROP OFF & PICK UP (updated March 2, 2021)
- Students, parents, & GymKyds staff MUST self-screen using the following questionnaire before coming to the gym: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. If you cannot truthfully answer “NO” to all of the screening questions we kindly ask that you do not come to GymKyds.
- If a child shows symptoms on arrival or during their class we will call a parent to pick them up.
- Students will sanitize their hands upon entering our facility through the front doors.
- Students will remove their footwear, place their belongings in a tub, and place it in a cubby. Children should avoid bringing excessive belongings and only bring in what they need (water bottle, jacket, etc.).
- Students will line up outside before their class until a coach lets them in. We are waiting for clarification if students will be able to wait inside. Please come prepared to wait inside or outside. After storing shoes and belongings, students will go and sit on a marked spot on the floor until coaches begin the warm-up. We will end classes a few minutes early to ease transitions between classes.
- At the end of class students will collect their belongings & dress in the lobby. Students will exit through the front door. Our coaches will monitor this and make sure every student is picked up. Please try your best to pick up your student on time.
- Students ages 6 & over will need to wear masks for class. Masks are optional for kids ages 5 & under, if your young child is comfortable wearing a mask we appreciate if they do.
- Students will sanitize their hands between events.
- Students will do warm-up & stretch as a group. For any classes with 9 or more participants, with the exception of GymKyds Tots, the students will be split into two smaller groups to go to each event.
- Coaches will try to keep students physically distanced and using our marked waiting spots as much as possible. With younger children this can be a challenge. We will do our absolute best and ask that parents talk to their children about maintaining distance from their classmates before each class.
- We are adjusting the games we play for warm-up as well as other aspects of our classes to make them more Covid-19 friendly. We are certain the kids will have just as much fun as always and notice little change.
- Our coaches will try to limit hands-on spotting when they can. However, for the safety of our participants sometimes spotting is necessary, especially with younger or more beginner gymnasts. Our coaches will be sanitizing their hands throughout classes as well.
- We will supply every Preschool GymKyds, Junior Preschool, and GymKyds Tots student with their own set of shakers to keep at the first class. Please bring these to class with you each week and use your own shakers for our signature “Shaker Song” warm-up.
- We will only accept payments for the Fall 2020 session once it has begun. In the event that there is another shutdown prior to our start date (September 9th) it saves us having to do refunds for everyone. Once the session has begun we will be accepting payments at the first class (just outside the front entrance of the gym) by debit, credit, cash, or cheque. Contactless payment is preferred. Payment by credit card over the phone works too.
- Should we have to close GymKyds due to another shutdown or a Covid-19 case directly affecting us we will credit affected students and they will receive their missed classes at a later date. GymKyds will not be issuing cash refunds, only make up classes.
- Ex. GymKyds has to close for two weeks. We would push our fall session two weeks longer and start the winter session later to make up for the missed weeks.
- We have increased cleaning measures at the gym and are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with Enviro Care Neutral Disinfectant.
- At the end of each day we are fogging the gym with EasyDECON DF200 solution, a hospital-grade disinfectant provided to us by our local disinfection experts & friends at Bio-Decon 1.
- Q: What if my child has to miss a class due to a runny nose, sore throat, or cold? A: Please email us and let us know your child will not be attending their class. We will then provide the date/time for another class comparable to your child’s usual class so they can come to do a make-up class.
- Q: Will you provide cash refunds if a session has to be paused? A: We will provide class credit and finish the session later to make up for missed classes. Should you not be available to come back for the extended class dates we can place a credit on your account to be put towards a future session or camp.
- Q: Does my kid have to wear a mask to class? A: We are not requiring students. They can if they choose to. We do require masks for parents sitting in the building viewing classes.
- Q: What if someone Covid-19 positive enters GymKyds? A: We will be transparent with all GymKyds families and make them aware of any Covid-19 case directly affecting GymKyds. We would close as needed, do a deep cleaning, and work with Manitoba public health authorities to reopen safely.
We whole-heartedly appreciate the love & support we have received from so many GymKyds families since the start of the pandemic. We will do all that we can to be open safely and following government directions. We understand some families may not feel safe or ready to come back in September. We are ready to welcome you back whenever you are ready & look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Peggy & The GymKyds Team