GymKyds Covid-19 Information – Last Updated May 27, 2021
May 27, 2021
With today’s updated restrictions from the provincial government, GymKyds must now stay closed until at least June 14th. At this time we are not allowed to have classes of any kind or our outdoor pop-up private lessons. For families registered in our Winter/Spring 2021 session please check your emails. An update has been sent to all families regarding what we are doing going forward. The email contains information about refunds, credits, and beyond. Please be sure to give it a read.
Until June 14th we will run some free Zoom classes to stay connected with our students and keep kids active and engaged.
- Wednesdays, June 2nd & 9th with Coach Barb
- 1:30-2:00 – Preschool GymKyds
- Thursdays, June 3rd & 10th with Coach Avery
- 5:30-6:00 – Preschool GymKyds
- 6:15-6:55 – GymKyds 1 & 2
- 7:00-7:40 – Advanced GymKyds
Zoom classes are free and open to all. The login information has been emailed to our members. If you would like the login details please send us an email to email@example.com and we will send it your way.
May 7, 2021
Hello GymKyds Families,
With the announcement today from the Manitoba Government of new restrictions we must temporarily close and pause our gymnastics classes and before and after school program. We will stay closed effective immediately until Sunday, May 30. There will be no classes this weekend. We will continue watching for updates and provide another update once the newly announced orders expire. We are hopeful that this pause will only last until May 30th and we will be able to resume classes and finish our current session on June 28 as planned.
For those registered for our Winter/Spring 2021 session that was set to run April 26-June 28 (Southdale) and April 21-June 23 (St. James) we will adjust our session fees accordingly. If you have already paid your session fees in full we will place a credit on your account for the difference of the weeks we are closed. We will calculate these over the coming week and update accounts. We encourage using credits towards summer camps, summer, session, or the fall session.
Looking ahead, we are hopeful things will be more normal in the fall and next season, and that Fall 2021-Spring 2022 will be free of Covid-19 interruptions. Registration for next season will open tomorrow, May 8th! You can register online and we will hold off on taking payments until we are closer to September. Fall is always our busiest session so be sure to register early! Summer camp registration and summer session registration are also up online.
With the weather getting nicer we are also going to resume our GymKyds On The Go! Rent-A-Coach mobile gymnastics program once able to visit private residences again. You can arrange for us to come to your home and do an outdoor private gymnastics lesson in your yard. If you have a credit on your account it can be put towards this service. We have started taking tentative outdoor bookings for June onward. Send us and email if you are interested in making a booking.
These forever changing restrictions have taken a toll on us as they have everyone else. The Covid-19 burnout is real and we are ready to be on the other side of this. We hope this is the final hurdle to get past and we will not have any other future interruptions to our programs due to Covid-19. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as we can. Until then, we encourage you to stay safe, follow public health orders, get vaccinated when you are eligible, and take care of each other.
We are grateful for the support of our GymKyds community. We hope this is only a brief pause and we will see everyone again soon.
Peggy & The GymKyds Team
Covid-19 has had major impacts on GymKyds and how we run our programs. With government recommendations constantly evolving and changing we are doing our best to manage these unprecedented times. We hope after reading the information below we can ease some parent concerns we have been hearing about how we plan to operate If you have any additional questions please email us, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-487-1806.
We want gymnastics to feel as normal as possible and be something students can look forward to every week. We are so excited to provide the fun, high-quality programs we are known for. Our GymKyds Team is READY & EXCITED to start classes!
Please read below for all of the GymKyds Covid-19 policies and procedures we are implementing this fall. FAQs are answered at the bottom.
- Class sizes are limited to 14 participants. Parent & Me classes are capped to 10 participants + 1 parent each.
- Keeping classes small makes physically distancing participants easier and gives our coaches time to clean equipment throughout the class.
- Should government restrictions around physical distancing ease we would increase our class sizes accordingly. We will be running at half capacity and do not want students to miss out on gymnastics. If we can safely take more students in we will.
Our building occupancy maximum is 100 people. With the potential March 6th set of orders would be able to open to 25% capacity and have 25 people in the gym at once.
We have kept classes very small in the fall session to accommodate physical distancing. None of our classes were more than 15 kids and about 4 coaches. We will be able to have the classes all start back up in full IF we can keep our occupancy under 25 people. We are going to need to strictly limit spectators to make this happen. We have 6 classes left of the fall session (7 for Saturday and Sunday classes).
- Kids 5 & over: We ask that no parents stay for class.
- Preschool-aged classes (3-5 years): If your preschool-aged child is able to come in on their own we need them to do so. We have space for a couple of parents to stay, and those parent spaces need to be for parents with children who absolutely need a parent to stay.
- Parent & child classes (1-3 years): We will only be able to accommodate 1 parent + 1 child, no additional parents or siblings coming in to watch the class. These classes were kept to maximum 10 students (which makes 20 with parents) + our coaches. There will be no room for any spectators.
- All parents are required to wear a mask while inside our facility.
DROP OFF & PICK UP (updated March 2, 2021)
- Students, parents, & GymKyds staff MUST self-screen using the following questionnaire before coming to the gym: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. If you cannot truthfully answer “NO” to all of the screening questions we kindly ask that you do not come to GymKyds.
- If a child shows symptoms on arrival or during their class we will call a parent to pick them up.
- Students will sanitize their hands upon entering our facility through the front doors.
- Students will remove their footwear, place their belongings in a tub, and place it in a cubby. Children should avoid bringing excessive belongings and only bring in what they need (water bottle, jacket, etc.).
- Students will line up outside before their class until a coach lets them in. We are waiting for clarification if students will be able to wait inside. Please come prepared to wait inside or outside. After storing shoes and belongings, students will go and sit on a marked spot on the floor until coaches begin the warm-up. We will end classes a few minutes early to ease transitions between classes.
- At the end of class students will collect their belongings & dress in the lobby. Students will exit through the front door. Our coaches will monitor this and make sure every student is picked up. Please try your best to pick up your student on time.
- Students ages 6 & over will need to wear masks for class. Masks are optional for kids ages 5 & under, if your young child is comfortable wearing a mask we appreciate if they do.
- Students will sanitize their hands between events.
- Students will do warm-up & stretch as a group. For any classes with 9 or more participants, with the exception of GymKyds Tots, the students will be split into two smaller groups to go to each event.
- Coaches will try to keep students physically distanced and using our marked waiting spots as much as possible. With younger children this can be a challenge. We will do our absolute best and ask that parents talk to their children about maintaining distance from their classmates before each class.
- We are adjusting the games we play for warm-up as well as other aspects of our classes to make them more Covid-19 friendly. We are certain the kids will have just as much fun as always and notice little change.
- Our coaches will try to limit hands-on spotting when they can. However, for the safety of our participants sometimes spotting is necessary, especially with younger or more beginner gymnasts. Our coaches will be sanitizing their hands throughout classes as well.
- We will supply every Preschool GymKyds, Junior Preschool, and GymKyds Tots student with their own set of shakers to keep at the first class. Please bring these to class with you each week and use your own shakers for our signature “Shaker Song” warm-up.
- We will only accept payments for the Fall 2020 session once it has begun. In the event that there is another shutdown prior to our start date (September 9th) it saves us having to do refunds for everyone. Once the session has begun we will be accepting payments at the first class (just outside the front entrance of the gym) by debit, credit, cash, or cheque. Contactless payment is preferred. Payment by credit card over the phone works too.
- Should we have to close GymKyds due to another shutdown or a Covid-19 case directly affecting us we will credit affected students and they will receive their missed classes at a later date. GymKyds will not be issuing cash refunds, only make up classes.
- Ex. GymKyds has to close for two weeks. We would push our fall session two weeks longer and start the winter session later to make up for the missed weeks.
- We have increased cleaning measures at the gym and are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with Enviro Care Neutral Disinfectant.
- At the end of each day we are fogging the gym with EasyDECON DF200 solution, a hospital-grade disinfectant provided to us by our local disinfection experts & friends at Bio-Decon 1.
- Q: What if my child has to miss a class due to a runny nose, sore throat, or cold? A: Please email us and let us know your child will not be attending their class. We will then provide the date/time for another class comparable to your child’s usual class so they can come to do a make-up class.
- Q: Will you provide cash refunds if a session has to be paused? A: We will provide class credit and finish the session later to make up for missed classes. Should you not be available to come back for the extended class dates we can place a credit on your account to be put towards a future session or camp.
- Q: Does my kid have to wear a mask to class? A: We are not requiring students. They can if they choose to. We do require masks for parents sitting in the building viewing classes.
- Q: What if someone Covid-19 positive enters GymKyds? A: We will be transparent with all GymKyds families and make them aware of any Covid-19 case directly affecting GymKyds. We would close as needed, do a deep cleaning, and work with Manitoba public health authorities to reopen safely.
We whole-heartedly appreciate the love & support we have received from so many GymKyds families since the start of the pandemic. We will do all that we can to be open safely and following government directions. We understand some families may not feel safe or ready to come back in September. We are ready to welcome you back whenever you are ready & look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Peggy & The GymKyds Team