GymKyds Covid-19 Information – Last Updated June 21, 2022
June 21st, 2022
With provincial restrictions surrounding Covid-19 having eased we have removed all of our restrictions. Masks are now optional for students, parents, and coaches. We ask that parents continue to monitor their children and keep them home from GymKyds if they are presenting any symptoms or actively have Covid-19.
Should the province announce new restrictions we will respond accordingly and implement restrictions and policies again if needed.
Please read below for all of the GymKyds Covid-19 policies and procedures we are following. FAQs are answered at the bottom. Restrictions from the province regarding Covid-19 have eased however we are keeping some of our own protocols in place for the time being.
- Please continue self-screening your child before their class. If your child is sick or presenting symptoms, please keep them home from class.
- Masks are no longer required for anyone entering GymKyds
- Our staff are all fully vaccinated.
- We are keeping all of our same cleaning protocols we adopted over the pandemic and will continue doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
- Parents are able to come in and watch classes.
- We ask that students try to only bring 1 spectator/parent at a time to class.
- Our parent viewing area is a limited space so we ask that parents only come in if their child needs them there.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Students, parents, & GymKyds staff can use the following questionnaire to self-screen before coming to the gym: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. If you cannot truthfully answer “NO” to all of the screening questions we kindly ask that you do not come to GymKyds.
- If a child shows symptoms on arrival or during their class we will call a parent to pick them up.
- We have increased cleaning measures at the gym and are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with Enviro Care Neutral Disinfectant.
- At the end of each day we are fogging the gym with EasyDECON DF200 solution, a hospital-grade disinfectant provided to us by our local disinfection experts & friends at Bio-Decon 1.
- Q: What if my child has to miss a class due to a runny nose, sore throat, or cold? A: Please email us and let us know your child will not be attending their class. We will then provide the date/time for another class comparable to your child’s usual class so they can come to do a make-up class.
- Q: Will you provide cash refunds if a session has to be paused? A: We will provide class credit and finish the session later to make up for missed classes. Should you not be available to come back for the extended class dates we can place a credit on your account to be put towards a future session or camp.
- Q: What if someone Covid-19 positive enters GymKyds? A: We will be transparent with all GymKyds families and make them aware of any Covid-19 case directly affecting GymKyds. We would close as needed, do a deep cleaning, and work with Manitoba public health authorities to reopen safely.
We whole-heartedly appreciate the love & support we have received from so many GymKyds families since the start of the pandemic. We will do all that we can to be open safely and following government directions.
Peggy & The GymKyds Team