GymKyds Covid-19 Information – Last Updated January 4th, 2022
January 4th, 2022
Hello GymKyds Families,
With the latest announcement from the Manitoba government moving most students to remote learning for the week of January 10th-15th we are delaying the start of our winter session by one week. All winter session families have been emailed an update about starting January 17th instead of the 10th. Please check your emails for an update.
Please read below for all of the GymKyds Covid-19 policies and procedures we are following. FAQs are answered at the bottom.
- Masks are mandatory in GymKyds for anyone ages 5 & over. Masks are optional for those ages 4 & under.Medical masks are strongly recommended but are not supplied by us. We have some in case a student’s mask breaks and they need a back-up but parents are to send their children with their own mask(s).
- Students younger than 5 years old technically do not have to wear a mask to class but if your young child is comfortable wearing a mask we appreciate it if they do.
- All of our coaches are double vaccinated and wearing medical grade masks.
- We are permitted to operate our class sizes at full capacity.
- Keeping classes slightly smaller makes physically distancing participants easier and make transitioning between classes easier.
- We are currently operating at 50% of our building capacity. To stay within this cap we need to strictly limit spectators.
- Parents are asked to only stay for their child’s class if absolutely necessary. For students needing a parent spectator please keep it to ONE spectator per child. Exceptions are made as needed for parents needing to bring a sibling along as an additional spectator.
- Any adult spectator must provide proof of vaccination to enter the facility.
- Parent & child classes (1-3 years): We will only be able to accommodate 1 parent (fully vaccinated). Please no spectators.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
- Students, parents, & GymKyds staff MUST self-screen using the following questionnaire before coming to the gym: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/. If you cannot truthfully answer “NO” to all of the screening questions we kindly ask that you do not come to GymKyds.
- If a child shows symptoms on arrival or during their class we will call a parent to pick them up.
- Students will sanitize their hands upon entering our facility through the front doors.
- Students will remove their footwear, place their belongings in a tub, and wait in the side room. Children should avoid bringing excessive belongings and only bring in what they need (water bottle, jacket, etc.).
- Students will line up outside before their class until a coach lets them in. Please come prepared to wait inside or outside. Once all students are in the side room a coach will lead them into the gym. We will end classes a few minutes early to ease transitions between classes.
- At the end of class students will collect their belongings & dress in the lobby. Students will exit through the front door. Our coaches will monitor this and make sure every student is picked up. Please try your best to pick up your student on time.
- Students ages 5 & over will need to wear masks for class. Masks are optional for kids ages 4 & under, if your young child is comfortable wearing a mask we appreciate if they do.
- Students will sanitize their hands between events.
- Coaches will try to keep students physically distanced and using our marked waiting spots as much as possible. With younger children this can be a challenge. We will do our absolute best and ask that parents talk to their children about maintaining distance from their classmates before each class.
- We are adjusting the games we play for warm-up as well as other aspects of our classes to make them more Covid-19 friendly. We are certain the kids will have just as much fun as always and notice little change.
- Our coaches will try to limit hands-on spotting when they can. However, for the safety of our participants sometimes spotting is necessary, especially with younger or more beginner gymnasts. Our coaches will be sanitizing their hands throughout classes as well.
- We have increased cleaning measures at the gym and are wiping down frequently touched surfaces and equipment with Enviro Care Neutral Disinfectant.
- At the end of each day we are fogging the gym with EasyDECON DF200 solution, a hospital-grade disinfectant provided to us by our local disinfection experts & friends at Bio-Decon 1.
- Q: What if my child has to miss a class due to a runny nose, sore throat, or cold? A: Please email us and let us know your child will not be attending their class. We will then provide the date/time for another class comparable to your child’s usual class so they can come to do a make-up class.
- Q: Will you provide cash refunds if a session has to be paused? A: We will provide class credit and finish the session later to make up for missed classes. Should you not be available to come back for the extended class dates we can place a credit on your account to be put towards a future session or camp.
- Q: What if someone Covid-19 positive enters GymKyds? A: We will be transparent with all GymKyds families and make them aware of any Covid-19 case directly affecting GymKyds. We would close as needed, do a deep cleaning, and work with Manitoba public health authorities to reopen safely.
We whole-heartedly appreciate the love & support we have received from so many GymKyds families since the start of the pandemic. We will do all that we can to be open safely and following government directions.
Peggy & The GymKyds Team