Registration is now available for DAY CAMPS! We will be open for day camps starting Monday, May 11. Until restrictions are lifted on indoor recreation, our camps will be activity-based rather than gymnastic-based. Participants will not be doing any gymnastics until it is deemed safe to do so by the government.
We are working hard to prepare ourselves and our facility to meet the guidelines required for us to operate safely and with physical distancing and increased sanitary measures in place. We are confident we will be able to run a day camp that is fun for kids and that parents can feel safe sending their children to.
For the month of May, we will only be running full day camps (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM with early drop-off and late pick-up options), if you are wanting a half day camp please contact us and we will accommodate you if there is space available. Registration for the entire summer is now available and should the government ease restrictions throughout the summer we will increase our capacity as much as we can and bring back have half-day camp options. Half day registration is available as of June 22, the original date we had planned for starting summer day camps. Please note we do have online registration but not payment. Payment can be done upon camp drop-off or pick-up or over the phone with a credit card.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follow government regulations should changes occur. Until we have the go ahead from the province to do sport activities like gymnastics, our camps will be more activity-based and include non-contact physical activity, games, crafts, and outdoor time.
A few important notes:
- We have limited the number of participants allowed in each camp to 16. Participants will be split into two groups of eight based on age and do different activities at different times to facilitate physical distancing.
- Inside our facility all children will need to wear clean indoor runners at all times.
- Our staff will be disinfecting surfaces regularly throughout the day and increased hand-washing & sanitizing measures will be required of children and staff.
- Students are welcome to bring homework. There will be designated quiet time to work on school-work, reading, or other like activities. We do have Wifi for students needing it for homework purposes. Our staff are happy to help with school-work.
- Any children with symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to stay home. You will not be charged for a camp you cannot attend in the event you are sick or presenting symptoms and cannot attend. Any child who presents symptoms at our facility will be sent home.
- Payment for camps can be done upon drop-off or pick-up time or done in advance by credit card payment over the phone. We do not accept online payments at this time.
You may notice some new things online with us…
1. We’ve got a completely new website! We are now gymkyds.ca instead of gymkyds.com. It was time to refresh the look of our site. We hope you like it!
2. We have a new online registration system! All new and existing GymKyds families will need to create an account to login to our new system. It’s very user-friendly & much more mobile friendly than our previous system. We think it will be a welcome change.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. We wish everyone all the best during these strange times and are so looking forward to getting camps up and running. Thank you for your continued support of GymKyds as we navigate through this uncharted territory.